Monday, March 29, 2010

2.

I published the Crowns Clothing facebook page two days ago, and I've got over 60 fans already. Granted, they're all my friends and tons of them are dudes, but it's still a good thing to see.

I've been working on my art history essay all day so I'm allowing myself a break for some blogging. So here are some of my favourite pieces listed on the Crowns Clothing Felt page! I put a new skirt up last night and there'll be another online tonight. And once this essay is out of the way I'll be able to spend a bit of time creating new stuff!

This is my take on the American Apparel Le Sac dress. I've got it in a tri-blend blue too, which I haven't yet listed online. I love these dresses because they're so versatile, and they're one-size. The fabric it's made from drapes really nicely, too. I got hooked up when I bought the fabric, which means I'm able to sell these for way less than you'd pay for an American Apparel one.

I love this fabric so much, and only wish I had bought more of it. I found it in a fabric store that was closing down in Hamilton, ON when I was in Canada. The same place where I bought the Versace print my handbag is made out of for about $5 a yard. ANYWAY. This shirt has so much structural detail. I love it... although I don't think I loved it that much when I was making it. It's also a really slim cut, which is why I haven't kept it for myself. I'm thinking of making a few more of these with bigger bows and more sizes.

So, you might be able to tell I've got a soft spot for stripes. But can you blame me when they look so good on a skirt like this? I sold tons of skirts in this cut at the Cuba St Night Market over the summer. This fabric has an extra-gorgeous sheen to it, and a little more weight than your straight cotton, so it won't fly up in the wind (too much!).

This is my newest addition to the Felt page at the moment. I have never seen such a unique fabric... felted wool in such a crazy bright red! It's lovely and thick without being itchy. It actually broke the machine I was making it on. The waistband is constructed of seven individual panels for a really snug and contoured fit.

Unfortunately I don't have a sweet cloudy backdrop to take my photos against anymore. But it's a fair sacrifice in order to live in a house that's clean, safe and quiet I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment