Sunday, May 22, 2011

29.

Yesterday was the May Fabric-a-brac, a fabric sale event that happens a few times a year to raise money for the Mary Potter Hospice. My Mum and I went and made sure to get there early! It definitely paid off, as when I insisted we do a second circuit of the market in case we'd missed anything, I noticed a lot of fabric had been snapped up quick.

Last time we went to Fabric-a-brac, it was held in Brooklyn. I got a whole load of bargains, including a bolt of vintage cream lace and a swathe of black jersey for $10 each. This time they had expanded into the St Anne's Hall in Newtown, and the selection was just as excellent. Here are a few of the things I bought:


Aztec-ish sweatshirting, cream cotton canvas, white linen, flannel check, ochre corduroy, burgundy corduroy and barely pictured, a lovely brown vintage floral blend. Also not pictured is my one regretted purchase: 3 metres of white and pink seersucker stripe. What am I going to do with that?? I'm not a baby pink person at all, but it's all for a good cause and I am sure I will find a use for it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment